Search blog

Wednesday 24 June 2020

I Am Who I Am - poem

You’ve seen this poem before and many seem to love this one. In light of current events I thought I would re-post it. Enjoy!



I Am Who I Am
By: Vickram Bachan 
 
Stop trying to change my personality,
Just accept me for who I'm meant to be.
 
I was born in a country that is free,
Canada is all about democracy.
 
If everybody were the same, the world would be a very boring place,
We are all different, that's why everyone has their own face.
 
I am what I am, and I'm going to be me,
I will not change to make others happy.
 
I won't act different to please everyone else,
I will always continue to just be myself.
 
If I'm comfortable with myself, then who are you to judge?
The Almighty above made me special, so don't you dare hold a grudge!
 
Hate me for who I am, but don't love me for something I am not,
If you want to make fun, then give me give me everything you've got.
 
Sure, I could change, but I wouldn't even want to try,
When I look in a mirror the reflection would lie.
 
I'll live my life the way I want and stay on track,
If I sold my soul I could never buy it back.
 
Life is about choices; it's up to us to make the right ones,
I will be myself, do what I want, and stick to my guns.
 
People will always judge me, no matter what, 
I will do my own thing, and follow my heart and my gut.
 
So please don't try to change my personality,
Love me for who I am and always will be.