Search blog

Friday 7 June 2024

2024 OSSTF Lamp of Learning Award















On Thursday May 2, 2024 I received some very exciting news, now I am excited to share that great news with everyone. Today I received the OSSTF Lamp of Learning Award! 
I am so humbled and honoured to be this year's recipient of this prestigious award and be recognized by the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation.  The award's presentation ceremony was held this morning in Toronto. It was an honour to meet the OSSTF president and vice-present and be presented with the award by them. 




"The Lamp of Learning Award, a silver replica of the symbolic educational lamp, is presented each spring to a non-member resident of Ontario who has made an outstanding contribution to public education in the Province." 

I am extremely proud to be the 2024 recipient of this incredible honour; out of the thousands of nominations OSSTF received from across Ontario they chose me. Winning this award doesn't mean it's over, my work in education is just beginning. I remain committed and dedicated to all students and schools I work with and to continue fostering and maintaining an equitable, safe and welcoming environment where students can learn and thrive, both in classrooms and in extracurriculars. I remain dedicated to ensuring students have lots of opportunities to engage in educational, exciting and rewarding extracurriculars, sports, clubs and programs. 

Thank you to OSSTF for this amazing recognition, and thank you to the TDSB (Toronto District School Board) for allowing me the opportunity to do all that I have done in various schools over the past 16 years. 









Here is a short video from the OSSTF's awards ceremony on June 7, 2024.