Search blog

Friday 4 September 2015

"Leaves Are Fun" poem

It's September, which means it's that time of the year again where everyone is happy and excited, but also a bit disappointed that it's almost time to return to school. It signals that fall is upon us and the end of summer draws near. Autumn always brings that bittersweet feeling of the end of summer fun and going back to school. 

I thought this was the perfect time and occasion to share with you all a poem that I wrote when I was in the third grade. It's not great and doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but please remember I was only eight at the time. It was however good enough to be published in the December 2002 holiday edition of the school news letter!  I had written this in October 2002, It was a month after I'd just started grade 3. Enjoy!


Leaves Are Fun
By: Vickram Bachan
 
Leaves are fun
they fall in the rain and in the sun.
They are red, green, orange, yellow
leaves.
And they make a mess
till you clean them please.